Bankers, Accountants, Event Planners, Fundraisers, Builders.....If you have a special skill that would be an asset to one of our committees, please consider getting involved at this level. Most of our committees meet monthly at our office on Commerce Street (downtown Lynchburg). Here is a brief description of each committee:
- Finance Committee ~ Sets the annual budget, monitors expenditures and cash flow, reviews the annual audit, makes recommendations to the board regarding investments (endowment fund, operating reserve, etc.)
- Project Development Committee ~ Follows development of Rush Homes projects from inception to completion including market studies, financial analysis, project design, predevelopment, construction management, and lease-up.
- Fundraising and Marketing Committee ~ Looks at overall fundraising plan and creates strategies for reaching our annual fundraising goals. Provides ideas and feedback for marketing plan.
- Special Events Committee ~ With direction from the fundraising committee, plans events such as our monthly Rush Hour Tours, annual Dream Builder's Luncheon, and annual Donor and Volunteer Appreciation Reception. Also plans one-time events such as groundbreaking and dedication ceremonies.
- Board Governance and Development Committee ~ Evaluates the effectiveness of the board of directors, nominates new board members, facilitates new board member orientation, and reviews organizational policies and procedures.